Some of our web pages (such as online surveys and discussion forums) let you voluntarily submit personal information. To learn more about how we record non-personal information or how we use information that you voluntarily submit, read on.
Non-personal Information We Record
Each time you browse through our web site, read pages, or download information, our web server will automatically record some general information about your visit. During your visit, our web server will record information such as:
- The Internet domain for your Internet service, such as "xcompany.com" or "xcompany.net" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourdistrict.k12.ia.us" if you are connecting from an Iowa K-12 district domain.
- The type of browser that you are using (such as "Chrome" or "Firefox").
- The type of operating system that you use (such as Macintosh, Unix, or Windows).
- The date and time you visit our site, and the Web pages that you visit on our site.
- The address of the previous Web site you were visiting, if you linked to us from another Web site.
We analyze this information to help make our site more useful to visitors. This tracking system does not record information about individuals.
Information from E-mail You Send to Us
If you decide to send us an electronic mail message (email), the message will usually contain your return email address. If you include specific personal information in your email (e.g., full name, mailing address, phone number) we may use that information in responding to your request.
Also, email is not necessarily secure against interception. Please send only information necessary to help us process your request.
Information Collected from Interactive Forms/Surveys/Systems
On some of our web pages, we offer interactive forms that let you voluntarily submit personal information such as your name, address, name of organization, position, and email address. This occurs when you are using online survey forms; submitting comments to various web discussion forums; Pages@aea267 system; online professional development service and room management system; and eTools system.
We may also ask you to provide us with optional information regarding your professional interests, demographics, experience with our products, and any contact preferences. This information will help us to continuously improve our services.
Please be aware that when you submit a comment to an AEA 267 web discussion forum, if you supply your name, email address, or other personal information, that information may be posted along with your comment.
Links to Other Sites
Our policy discloses the privacy practices for the AEA 267 web site. But AEA 267 provides links to other web sites. When you leave the AEA 267 web site, you will be going to sites that are beyond our control. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. The privacy policies and procedures described here for AEA 267 do not apply to any external links. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any site you link to from ours, especially if you share any personal information. Be informed. You are the person best qualified to protect your own privacy.
Children's Online Privacy
The vast majority of AEA 267 Web sites are designed to reach an audience of adults-in most cases in the fields of education. A small number of AEA 267 sites include pages and activities targeted at students under the age of 18. AEA 267 has set up special procedures to protect the privacy of children who may be accessing sites on our server, participating in online discussions, or posting materials to one of our sites. AEA 267 voluntarily complies with the provisions of the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
As required by COPPA, we do not:
- Collect student electronic mail addresses or parent contact information except for the purposes of seeking parental consent and notifying parents of their children's involvement in one of our projects.
- Publish online postings, student work, or photographs of children under 13 without parental consent.
- Publish online postings, student work, or photographs of children under 18 without notifying parents of their children's involvement in one of our projects.
- Collect or share with third parties personally identifiable offline contact information for children without parental notification.
While AEA 267 makes reasonable efforts to maintain the security of information provided to AEA 267, it is possible that our servers' security could be circumvented, resulting in the loss, alteration, or disclosure of that information.
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, wish to opt-out of our data collection process or delete information previously collected by us, please forward requests to Design and Devlopment Services.
Area Education Agency 267 prohibits discrimination in employment and its educational programs and services on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference. AEA 267 also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to the agency's facilities. For additional information on nondiscrimination policies, contact Karl Kurt, Equity Coordinator, AEA 267, 3712 Cedar Heights Drive, Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613, Telephone: 319-273-8245.