End of Course Evaluation
It is the intent that this End of Course Evaluation Survey will be used by all AEA 267 professional learning content area work teams to gather program evaluation data at the conclusion of an entire professional learning course. This survey incorporates questions that are reflective of the five levels of professional development program evaluation as described by Guskey (2000) in his book entitled: Evaluating Professional Development.
The End of Course Program Evaluation Survey, which is a set of common questions, was developed to:
- supplement the program evaluation/continuous improvement efforts already completed by each core work group that has a professional development component to their work.
- provide data from across the agency which will be used in part to monitor agency goals surrounding professional development and to offer insight into future planning.
End of Course Evaluation Survey tools and procedures
- Will be used at the conclusion of all AEA 267 sponsored professional learning courses that meet on multiple dates over an extended time period. For those offerings that meet just one time, trainers may choose to only use the End of Session Evaluation.
- Agency-wide professional learning data will be collected using this End of Course Evaluation Survey as part of the data collection efforts for our Comprehensive Services Improvement Plan.
- The End of Course Evaluation Survey will only be administered using the Key Survey tool. No paper and pencil option is available. The end of course survey, as previously generated by TrueNorthLogic (our online professional learning system) will no longer be utilized by AEA 267 professional learning providers. When creating a course, remove this option from your course. If you have any questions about this process, contact the Professional Learning Department.
- AEA 267 professional learning providers will need to take primary responsibility for accessing and editing the survey as well as sending out the survey to all participants for a given class.
- To receive the username and password for the Key Survey professional learning evaluation account please contact Professional Learning.
- Hardcopies of the specific procedures that need to be followed for this End of Course Survey:
- General Key Survey Tutorials and Help and FAQs.
- Click here for Sample verbiage which can be used in your email announcement providing a survey link to participants.
- Editing instructions: All questions that are currently on the End of Course Evaluation Survey template (Key Survey) will be used and remain unchanged; teams may choose to customize the survey by adding questions that are specific to their work at the beginning, middle and/or end of the existing survey. As questions are added, keep in mind the total length of the survey.
- Professional learning providers will need to communicate the expectation that the End of Course Survey will be completed by all participants. However, agency staff will not be expected to identify and follow up with those participants who fail to complete this expectation. Nonetheless, a reminder email sent out to all participants might be necessary if the number of respondents is low. Thus, the assignment of a grade for the class will not be dependent upon a participant completing the survey.
- All agency professional learning providers will access and store their survey information in this one common Key Survey Account. Please exercise professional courtesy and only view/edit those surveys and resulting data that are generated from the work of your group.
- Professional learning providers are expected to review the resulting End of Course Survey data in conjunction with the other sources of data that have been collected to assist with continuous improvement and future planning efforts.
Key Survey Support:
Joe Kremer, Assessment Coordinator
Kim Swartz, Assistant Director Educational Services