Welcome to the AEA 267 Science website. Here you will find information, resources, and tools to improve science education for all students.
Check out our latest newsletter!
Announcing Science Network Meetings
October 27th, 2015 9am-12pm Cedar Falls AEA267 Room E
November 30th, 2015 9am-12pm Clear Lake AEA267 Room A
February 23rd, 2016 9am-12pm Marshalltown AEA267 Room D
Next Generation Science Standards
- Iowa adopted the performance expectations component of the Next Generation Science Standards as the state standard on August 6, 2015. These standards, broken down by elementary grade level and secondary content area, can be viewed at: https://iowacore.gov/sites/default/files/newsciencestandards-2015-08-06_0.pdf
- Explore the full Next Generation Science Standards at www.nextgenscience.org/.
- The standards are based on the Framework for K-12 Science Education.
- Feel free to contact us to discuss ways we can assist your district with your transition to these standards.
STEM Education in Iowa
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Education has been identified as a priority in Iowa. The Governor's STEM Advisory Council is a partnership between business, policy and education leaders from across the state convened to bolster Iowa's STEM education and innovation. Visit the Governor's STEM Advisory Council for more information.